Combining results from a survey of 500 local businesses conducted by Thrive Analytics for Street Fight and in-depth interviews with merchants and operators, the third edition of The Local Merchant Report is the only resource for understanding how merchants are approaching local marketing.
Local merchants have embraced digital marketing tactics like online advertising, email, and social media… Yet 38% say they aren’t measuring the effectiveness of their marketing efforts well.
-David Card, Director of Research, Street Fight Insights
- Two-thirds of survey respondents use social media for lead generation and to build brand awareness
- The majority of small businesses surveyed work with a single marketing provider
- Only 22% of small businesses currently use mobile marketing, of those nearly half already allocate one quarter or more of their ad budget to it
- 47% of businesses said email marketing is the most effective form of media
- 54% cite new customer acquisition as a primary objective of local marketing efforts
How to Pitch a Local Merchant
“Small businesses are indicating loud and clear that they’re ready to take the plunge with the latest wave of hyperlocal vendors,” says Card. “However, they are still looking for the right pitch at the right time.”
The Local Merchant Report 2015 for the first time also offers a guide to pitching local merchants, with an entire section devoted to what they want from vendors, when they want it, and how they want it.
Case studies featuring retailers and restaurants look at where hyperlocal succeeds well:
- Using hyperlocal tracking technology to measure campaign ROI
- Clothing boutique boosts social interactions with digital rewards
- Social contests that improve email marketing campaigns
The 2015 Local Merchant Report equips local marketing professionals with critical insights on the state of the market and offers the most comprehensive source available for understanding how to target individuals at key moments in the purchase cycle.
For any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.