LBMA PODCAST: David Lieb Ushers in the ‘Age of Inference’
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan look at a new universal ad metric. Tata Docomo makes it easy to check in without GPS or internet (but why?). Glympse moves onto the streets inside of BMW. Whispering Windows shows sound makes money while Whisper is the not so secret social network with a revenue model. Special guest David Lieb ushers in the age of inference and we all take a much needed mobile moment thanks to Chadwick Martin Bailey.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Starcom and PlaceIQ team-up for new ad metric (17:12)
2. Tata Docomo launches Facebook checkins without GPS or Internet (23:00)
3. Glympse moves into the car with BMW (27:20)
4. Feonic’s Whispering Windows (43:12)
5. Whisper – the secret network (47:30)
6. Launch of CircleTie in MiddleEast & Egypt is Oink for Middle East (52:04)