Snack Tech: The Ultimate Brand Loyalty App
Cookies and chips are tech terms. But now digital meets dough (both kinds) as one MULO (multi-location) bakery brand is getting noticed for its loyalty app.
Crumbl (a 700-location brand) has been shouted out in food and beverage media as having one of the top 10 apps.
It is #6 in the top 10 most downloaded food and drink apps, winning a spot over Domino’s, Taco Bell, and Chipotle. Crumbl Cookies is also a huge player on social media, with more than 6 million TikTok and over 3 million Instagram fans.
So, what does this delicious app do?
- Like many popular apps, it offers users loyalty points. That’s pretty standard these days. Crumbl calls them Loyalty Crumbs.
- Those Crumbs are ultimately converted to Crumbl Cash, which can be spent on pickup, local delivery, and national shipping. Consumers can order from their phones and even get curbside delivery.
- Crumbl also promotes the concept of “cookies without leaving your couch,” heralding the benefit of eating carbs in pajamas (which, many of us do)!
- But when you are gathering friends, family, or co-workers IRL (in real life), you can use Crumbl’s catering services — even specifying pick-up time and flavors.
Upon downloading the loyalty app (which we did while writing this article), prospective cookie buyers are immediately given a chance to earn points by following the company on social media, providing a phone number for SMS, and
But how does the company keep fans engaged and using the loyalty app regularly?
Menu rotation is a key for many restaurants these days. Keeping fans loyal by teasing and updating product variety is essential in today’s brand-fickle world.
Crumbl changes its flavor line-up every Sunday night and true fans await the “big reveal.”
The company’s Instagram page is comprised of “beauty shots” of the cookies. Just as great ingredients result in better-baked goods, having a high-quality and consistent “feed” (pun intended) can prompt customers and prospects to follow and engage (and, hopefully, buy).
As your MULO brand plans its 2024 (and beyond) customer engagement, be a smart cookie and think seriously about how you can use the small screen to truly engage your shoppers once they leave your locations.
- Build a sense of community with your fan base
- Consistently surprise and delight shoppers
- Ensure that new menu items and deals are well-communicated across all media
- Make buying as convenient as possible
- Utilize technology to build enough loyalty that people are incentivized to provide contact information (for ongoing marketing)
- Establish a clear, high-quality, and meaningful brand voice and ensure your communications and graphics are consistent
For more “fresh from the oven” ideas, follow this column and learn other best practices from MULO brands.
Have a story to share? Please contact us!