Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan talk about how McDonalds is taking aim with Rovio’s Angry birds in China; Square makes its way north to Canada; Plus news from Gigwalk, Yelp and Yahoo + special guest Ed Kaczmarek, Director of Innovation and Emerging Technology at Mondelez International.
1. Lavahound works with Adidas and the New York City Marathon (8:48)
2. Square starts its international expansion and finally comes to Canada (12:02)
3. McDonalds is on a location marketing roll in China (with Rovio) and Denmark (15:55)
4. Find My Friends app will send location based email alerts (23:38)
5. Boxtcode launches in Australia and Asif and I are mixed on it (26:12)
Resource of the Week
Scientists Decode How The Brain Senses Direction & Location (54:15)