Digital Ad Trends to Watch in 2019, Mobile to Account for 71% of Digital Ad Spend
Programmatic SSP PubMatic released on Tuesday morning an elaborate report detailing digital ad trends to watch in 2019. The highlights include a look into how mobile, video, and of course programmatic itself will continue to evolve in the coming year, reshaping the way brands reach customers.
Here are the major points:
- Digital media will drive advertising growth in 2019, jumping 11.3%. The only other growing media channel is OOH, with a modest 2.5% bump. Print will continue its brutal decline of recent years, sinking 17.8%, while local TV also sees a harsh loss at 14.7%.
- Digital ad spend in the U.S., now at about half the advertising market, is projected to hit two-thirds of that market by 2022.
- Programmatic will account for over two-thirds of digital display ads transacted in 2019.
- Mobile will continue to eat up a larger share of digital ad spend, hitting a whopping 71% of digital spend in 2019.
- In-app time spent is crushing mobile web, taking 3 hours and 8 minutes of consumer attention per day to mobile web’s 33 minutes.
- Video will constitute nearly two-thirds of non-social display ad spend. Video’s share of digital display has been rising for the past few years and is expected to continue its ascent through 2020. The big change is a substantial shift from desktop to mobile.
Joe Zappa is Street Fight’s managing editor.