The results of a survey released just last week by mobile ad firm AdColony go beyond the already stale proclamation that the mobile revolution has taken over retail, pointing instead to granular details about just how consumers are using mobile today.
Here are the key points from the survey:
- Almost half of consumers are already using their mobile phones to make purchases.
- The top verticals for mobile shoppers are clothing, home goods, and books.
- In-store searches are popular. Consumers don’t just buy on mobile but also use it as a channel to compare products when shopping in brick-and-mortar stores.
- Most consumers don’t have a strong preference for either in-app or mobile web, but 35% said they’d prefer in-app if given the choice.
- 70% think shopping on mobile is just as secure as shopping on desktop.
- The most important factor for the mobile shopping experience is that it’s easy to navigate.
- 70% of holiday shoppers are between 45 and 74 years of ago.