LBMA Podcast: Google Glass on the Floor
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. On the show: soon your food will text you its expiry date; The Wireless Registry launches; Source Metrics connects online ads with offline buys; Nearbytes lets you pay by sound; Banjo 4.0 hits the street; Ricoh plays catch up with Clickable Paper; The Sacramento Kings put Google Glass on the floor. Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin highlights some store traffic research by Euclid. Our app of the week is SportChaser. Our resource of the week pokes some fun at location based marketing.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Converting browsers to buyers in real life (7:21)
Top news of the week
1. Computer chips in food packing send text when food is about to spoil (15:00)
2. Launch of The Wireless Registry (19:50)
3. Source Metrics providing new tool for measuring in-store conversion of Facebook ads (26:35)
4. Nearbytes NearPay system (Brazil) (30:50)
5. Ban.jo releases 4.0 (35:54)
6. Ricoh launches Clickable Paper (39:52)
7. Sacramento Kings deploy Google Glass on the floor (44:02)
Resource of the week: How Smart, Context-Aware and Location Sensitive Marketing Could Look Like (50:25)