PODCAST: This Week in Location-Based Marketing — Esquire, GetGlue
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan look at jeans that check-in for you; Esquire jumps the gap between magazine and digital; and is Foursquare’s new valuation too high? Plus news from GetGlue, a new Apple patent on location and a clip from the archives with Holger Luedorf, VP mobile and international at Foursquare.
1. Replay Jeans launches Social Denim (making your blue jeans talk) (6:40)
2. Apples gets new geotagging patent (11:50)-
3. Esquire mobilizes print edition without QR codes using Netpage‘s technology (16:10)
4. Mall of America uses SMS for Black Friday parking lot resolution (22:50)
5. Google updates indoor maps for Black Friday with 10,000 additional locations (28:05)
Holger Luedorf, VP Mobile and Internationalization at Foursquare talks about Foursquare’s revenue aspirations from an interview done in February of 2012. (32:35)