Every two weeks, Search Influence’s Kelly Benish — who knows practically everyone in hyperlocal — covers some of the latest job changes taking place in this dynamic industry. (Plus, scroll down for jobs on offer now.)
Shannon McBride – User Friendly Media
User Friendly Media, a leading provider of media and marketing solutions for local and small businesses, has named my homegirl Shannon McBride as VP of Sales. Shannon will be based in Denver, and will report to Bruce Howard, User Friendly Media president and CEO. McBride’s primary responsibilities will center on developing and executing growth strategies, with a particular emphasis on mobile marketing. McBride joins User Friendly Media with a wealth of business development and sales experience. Most recently she was SVP, Mobile Marketing and Sales for Toronto-based VoodooVox. Prior to that, she worked at Dex Media in various roles, including sales, marketing, and product development.
Blaise Agüera y Arcas – Google
One of Microsoft’s most distinguished engineers, Blaise Agüera y Arcas, is joining Google. According to a report in the New York Times, Arcas will join the machine learning team for Google in Mountain View. During his tenure at Microsoft, Arcas examined emerging technologies and headed up a research & development team. He was also a key figure in the development of Bing Mobile and Bing Maps. His specialities include wearable computing, interaction design, digital maps, computer vision, and graphics. In 2010, Arcas introduced Bing’s augmented reality maps at the annual TED conference.
Jon Brod – AOL
AOL executive Jon Brod, who has had multiple roles in the company over the past few years, has announced he’s leaving the company. Most recently he was in charge of AOL’s venture branch. The news of Brod’s departure isn’t a complete shocker as AOL Ventures has been in limbo for a while. Brod was moved there last spring after his second run heading Patch. Sources at AOL say that Brod mentioned he is leaving them for a startup. #sweatequity
Anthony Duignan-Cabrera – Patch
Also leaving AOL is Anthony Duignan-Cabrera, VP of editorial at Patch, Duignan-Cabrera joined Patch in 2010 as editorial director for sites on the East Coast. He was promoted in May to oversee all editorial. Prior to joining AOL, he served as an editorial director at CNN Travel.
Franck Zayan – Condé Nast
Condé Nast announced that it will launch an e-commerce branch some time next year. The media giant is sparing no expense to make sure its digital retail platform is top notch. Franck Zayan, who currently oversees e-commerce for Galeries Lafayette, will head up the division as president along with an impressive list of international board members to oversee the project, including Charles Townsend, Robert Sauerberg, Jonathan Newhouse, and Nicholas Coleridge.
Ronald Burr - CallFire
Santa Monica-based voice and texting services company CallFire announced that it has named Ronald Burr as the company ‘s CEO. Burr has been CRO of the company since 2012, before that he was the co-founder of NetZero. In the past, he has also served at such companies as WebVisible, LRN, Westlake Venture Partners, Layer2 Networks, and Vault Corporation. CallFire said that the move comes to help them further scale the business and move into its next phase of growth.
David Waskiewicz – Radiate Media
David Waskiewicz has been promoted to SVP of broadcast operations at Radiate Media, a provider of software and services that help local businesses online. Radiate Media has recently merged its two broadcast divisions into one broadcast operations group, which Mr. Waskiewicz will lead in this new position. David has 25 years of experience in the broadcast traffic space, with both on-air, operations and affiliations experience.
Michel van Woudenberg, APJ Managing Director – Kenshoo
Kenshoo has brought on former Oracle VP Michel van Woudenberg to expand regional headquarters and lead incorporated subsidiaries in key Asian markets. He was formerly VP for CRM at Oracle Asia Pacific, and will lead Kenshoo’s expansion into the world’s second-largest digital advertising market. In his new job, Van Woudenberg will report to Ted Krantz, the company’s SVP Revenue and join a rapidly growing team in APJ. The company first began establishing a regional presence in 2009.
Celine Matthiessen – BIA/Kelsey
BIA/Kelsey has announced the promotion of Celine Matthiessen to VP, Insights and Analysis. Celine oversees BIA/Kelsey’s Insights and Analysis division, which performs small-business, consumer and competitive intelligence research and client inquiries. Besides always looking forward to seeing her warm smile at their conferences, Celine has helped me firsthand with advisory projects in the past and she is a true dynamo. Congratulations on your promotion Celine, well deserved!
Plus where to look for jobs now….
– Street Fight is looking for a sales director and a marketing manager. Apply here
– Comporium is hiring and actively recruiting for a channel business manager. Apply here
– Daily Press is looking to hire a new business development manager for digital services. Apply here
– Ballantine Communications is in the market for a director of marketing, it’s a great place to work with a renewed commitment to company culture and a brand new digital agency. Plus you get to work with Kricket Lewis, e-mail her for details. Apply here
– VendAsta seeks account executives. Apply here
– WWLTV, a Belo property is hiring digital sales executives in NOLA. Apply here
– MOGL is hiring for all areas with many roles available in sales. Apply here
– Can you do product development work? Contact Oracle about their senior QA analyst role. Apply here
– AOL is looking for a product manager. Apply here
– Yahoo! is looking for a senior business development manager.. Apply here
– Google seeks a channel partner manager – media partnerships. Apply here
– Apple wants to find an operations manager (in Shanghai). Apply here
– Twitter is on the prowl for a marketing operations manager. Apply here
Plus new talent looking now….
– Highly talented seasoned veteran in corporate strategy and marketing is looking in the NJ/NY area, he will be your point person and main advisor, recommended for well-funded startups or any biz lacking motivation.
– Long-time media industry adopter and digitally-savvy mobile marketer and entrepreneur interested in a new opportunity. Chicago based.
– Global head of digital product for a major telco in the UK seeks a new role. Over 15 years of experience.
– VP of product in California is interested in a new role, over 20 years of varying expertise. Highly recommended.
– Ex-Googler based in NYC seeks new business development role.
– Social media maven and marketing newbie starting out in Saint Louis MO seeks an entry level role.
– President of online consulting firm, works with IYP’s & newspapers and eventually moving over to loyalty-based and digital solutions. Willing to relocate from New England.
– Director of development in the Boston metro area, with 6 years of business development, customer acquisition, partnership building & product development. Available now.
– Current VP with 29 years experience in sales management, corporate actions, HR and business development. Located in the Charlotte metro area & ready to move now.
If you are interested in any of these candidates or you would like to be featured as such, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Kelly Benish is VP of sales and marketing at Search Influence, a national online marketing firm focused on SMBs and white label online marketing for publishers and media partners who serve them. You can follow her on Twitter @Lokellsearch.