Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association, with hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan. In this week’s episode, Nordstrom brings Pinterest into its stores; eMart’s flying store; What3Words tries to make physical location easier with 3 words; Shopperception goes deep into buyer behavior in physical stores; WyWy signs up Vodafone for cross-screen advertising; Foursquare and Deezer partner for concert check-ins. Plus special guest Linden Skeens of Thumbvista.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
App Observation: GPS apps – the good, bad and ugly (3:40)
Top news of the week
1. Nordstrom uses the Pinterest brand to highlight popular products in store (9:25)
2. eMart Flying Store in South Korea (15:08)
3. Launch of What3Words (20:05)
4. Shopperception‘s vision for in-store shopper behaviour (Argentina) (36:43)
5. Vodafone to be first, 2nd screen customer for WyWy (Germany) (44:10)
6. Foursquare working with Deezer for concert checkin benefits (52:22)