Welcome to episode #156. On the show: Our 3rd anniversary jamboree. Find a bar that is “your team” friendly with SportsBee; Google Outside in London; Google Ingress coming to LAX & JFK; Free subway tickets in Moscow; Coca-Cola inspires you to take the stairs in Brazil; Proximiti uses location based notifications to help OCBC bank branches in Singapore; Free electricity at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin shows that consumers still like stores. Our app of the week is dashboard augmented reality company Hudway. Our resource of the week looks at modern retail. Our guest this week is Patrick Reynolds of Triton Digital talking about the impact of iTunes Radio and what it means for 2014. Plus, a new feature called “Our Take” on Snapchat’s decision to walk away from $3B from Facebook and the backlash over Instagram’s $1B acquisition 18 months after the fact. Happy birthday to us!
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Consumers are still heading to the store…what does this mean for your business? (10:30)
Top news of the week
1. SportsBee App (16:30)
2. Google Outside in London/ Niantic Labs & JCDecaux bring Ingress to airports (20:20)
3. 30 Squats for free subway ticket in Moscow (28:30)
4. Coca-Cola’s Brazilian “Steps of Happiness” (40:20)
5. Proximiti does location based notification for OCBC Banks in Singapore (44:00)
6. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf brings charging stations to stores (48:04)