LBMA Podcast: WillCall, SpotSetter, and Wistia Co-Founder Chris Savage
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association, with hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan. In this week’s episode: WillCall looks to be the Square for concerts. Spotsetter launches (and we wonder why). Pizza Hut goes responsive with Amaze. Tradus brings location to online product search. Geolog helps conserve battery power through smart GPS use. Bytelight launches their Light Field Communications Reader. iOS 7 will track your every move. Wistia co-founder Chris Savage on location and video.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Are mobile shoppers getting better deals? (7:30)
Top news of the week
1. WillCall raises $1.2M to be the Square for concerts (13:30)
2. Launch of SpotSetter (20:13)
3. Pizza Hut and Amaze deliver new responsive website (23:05)
4. Tradus location-based marketplace – find the product near me (26:00)
5. Geolog helps save your battery thru smart GPS for Android (35:15)
6. Bytelight launches Light Field Communications Reader (38:35)
7. iOS 7 and location tracking (42:25)
Resource of the week: PayPal – Location-Based Mobile Advertising: Q2 Highlights (48:15)