LBMA PODCAST: Yahoo, Alibaba, and Impact Mobile
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan talk about Yahoo’s continued campaign to buy employees; big data from Twitter showcases the hate; Alibaba takes a stand in the mapping wars; Lenticular printing teaches a lesson to abused children; The re-emergence of RFID for grocery checkout; A Canadian interpretation of the future of Google Glass and our special guest, Gary Schwartz, CEO of Impact Mobile.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Yahoo acquires Loki Studios (9:49)
2. “Geography of Hate” map (14:07)
3. Fourwinds apps – turning Apple devices into signage (18:40)
4. Alibaba invests in AutoNavi (37:25)
5. ANAR Foundation (Aid to Children and Adolescents at Risk). Working with their agency, they used lenticular printing (40:18)
6. Nestlé Nespresso boutique in Munich, Germany – testing RFID self checkout (47:30)