LBMA PODCAST: Dwolla, Kiip, MoodMedia, and Now Founder Ben Broca
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan talk about ISIS’s plan to bring loyalty to vending machines. Meanwhile, Dwolla closes their $16.5 million series C; Kiip powers the “sour to sweet” campaign for Sour Patch Kids; MoodMedia pinpoints you by the music your hear; Google Now! comes to the iPhone and leaves a lot to the imagination; Foursquare is about to sell your data; and PJs that tell stories. Plus special guest Ben Broca, founder of Now.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. ISIS adds loyalty program to vending machines (9:00)
2. Dwolla gets $16.5M series C (11:50)
3. Sour Patch Kids works with Kiip to turn your sour mood into sweet (14:55)
4. MoodMedia launches MoodPresence (27:00)
5. Google Now comes to the iPhone (32:53)
6. Foursquare to sell check-in data for ad re-targeting (36:55)