PODCAST: This Week in Location-Based Marketing — Yowza, Foursquare
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan look at Telus’s partnership with WagJag, MomentFeed’s intensifying relationship with Foursquare, Facebook’s IPO, Yowza and CardSpring tap someone else’s money, and Foursquare’s Holger Luedorf talks about the company’s future.
1. Telus kills their own loyalty program and are going with WagJag (5:20)
2. Walkbase launches Checked (9:50)
3. Signagelive integrates with Intel’s AIM (12:56)
4. MomentFeed partners with Foursquare (18:56)
5. Nissan brings location based service to Leaf customer rentals in Japan (21:50)
Maponics Minute: Geofencing via demographics instead of targeting by Zip/Postal code. (25:50)
Brought to you by Maponics.
Product of the Week
Foursquare: With special guest Holger Luedorf (30:35)
1. Facebook’s IPO (37:00)
2. Yowza closes $1.5M (39:42)
3. CardSpring lands $10M (42:40)
Resource of the Week
Silverpop’s State of the Social Universe (47:05)