Every two weeks, Search Influence’s Kelly Benish — who knows practically everyone in hyperlocal — covers some of the latest job changes taking place in this dynamic industry. (Plus, scroll down for jobs on offer now.)
Key Executives – Thinknear
Thinknear by Telenav recently announced the hiring of former Clear Channel VP Brent Fraser as the company’s first chief revenue officer. Fraser most recently served as VP of Global Sales for Proxi Digital, a division of Clear Channel, focused on digital audio and location-based mobile advertising. Also joining Thinknear is Tom White, former VP of CityGrid Media’s publisher network. White will serve as VP of ad operations and inventory at Thinknear. His new role will build on the expertise he cultivated at CityGrid Media, where he was responsible for end-to-end account management and operations support across various publisher and advertiser partnerships.
Daniel Graf – Twitter
Last week Twitter announced that it named Daniel Graf as its new VP of consumer product. Graf most recently comes from Google, where since 2012 he had led efforts on the Google Maps project. Most notably, Graf was responsible for bringing Google Maps to the iPhone after Apple introduced its competing maps product. Graf joins following the departure of Michael Sippey, who led Twitter’s consumer product for the better part of two years before leaving the company in January.
Barry Jackman – Verizon
The one-man-wonder Barry Jackman found his way over to Verizon as their new business account executive. This is a huge change for Barry as he was most recently the ‘Jackman’ of all trades at Maine Today Digital where he headed up digital advertising sales, classifieds, marketing and training as their director. Barry is chock full of quick-witted New England humor, fervor and tact that is absolutely contagious. I wish him the best at Verizon as he’s decided to go back to his roots!
Rich Sootkoos – PingThings
Rich Sootkoos was recently appointed CEO of PingThings, a Frost Data Capital venture company focused on data analytics. Prior Rich was VP product and strategy at Boingo Wireless as well as an executive in residence at Idealab, a leading startup incubator. Rich was founder and CEO of ERP.com, CEO of C2C Holdings, a sustainability startup funded by the Chairman of Ebay, Pierre Omidyar and COO of Susteen Inc, a leading software solution responsible for cell phone backup and data restoration.
Ashwini Anburajan – BuzzFeed to Consultant
I was fortunate enough to speak on a panel discussing native advertising with Ashwini at the digital agency conference in Chicago last year. Ashwini Anburajan is a highly talented freelance consultant now, based out of NYC. It seemed that after almost two years at the native advertising giant known as BuzzFeed, it was time for her to move on. Her tenure there was as their director of partner development and she was definitely a mover and a shaker!
My friend Jon Sofield is looking for a business development person for SMB channel sales at Google. The Job is based in NYC, and this role is tasked in helping to build out their partner network. This is a senior level & individual contributor, someone with great experience with Channels, Local, SMB’s, SEM, Industry knowledge in Fin-Serv, franchise, marketing automation, agency, display ads and video ads. Apply here.
Stealth startup on the west coast seeks a CTO with experience in coding, POS and IT; for more info e-mail me directly. firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus new talent looking now….
– The former Head of digital SME advertising products for a major EU telco is exploring opportunities for his next venture.
– Seasoned talent in broadcasting, over 15 years of experience interested in growing a video ad platform play.
– One awesome guy in Salt Lake City Utah; one has more than 20 years experience in business development, sales and building connections.
– Advertising and sales exec in Charlotte, NC – this guy is ready to make moves like Jagger.
– Global head of digital product for a major telco in the UK seeks a new role. Over 15 years of experience.
– President of online consulting firm, works with IYP’s & newspapers and eventually moving over to loyalty-based and digital solutions. Willing to relocate from New England.
– Senior classifieds sales director in Boston, ready to throw in the towel and try something new.
– Hyperlocal community editor, publisher, marketer is a strategic problem solver. Over 25 years dailies, weeklies, start-ups, magazines, digital, websites, editing and writing books. New Orleans/Baton Rouge area.
– The perfect digital sales manager in Reno Nevada, history in the newspaper publishing arena. Ready to roll over to a new opportunity.
– A digital veteran with 20 years of management level sales and marketing experience in digital media, mobile media and consumer technology sectors. She has a strong track record of accomplishment in successfully growing start up and young firms. She’s also been responsible for driving significant revenue growth in divisions of larger, publicly traded companies. Located in the San Francisco Bay area.
– Long-time media industry adopter and digitally-savvy mobile marketer and entrepreneur interested in a new opportunity. Chicago based.
If you are interested in any of these candidates or you would like to be featured as such, please e-mail me at email@example.com for more information.
Kelly Benish is VP of sales and marketing at Search Influence, a national online marketing firm focused on SMBs and white label online marketing for publishers and media partners who serve them. You can follow her on Twitter @Lokellsearch.