LBMA Podcast: Placecodes, Pinterest, Shopkick and Verve Mobile
Welcome to episode #157. On the show: Placecodes helps you find your Friendly’s ice cream; Macy’s deploys ShopBeacon from ShopKick; PlaceIQ announces PIQ and PreVisit; Pinterest adds Place Pins; Bombsquare opens your city to virtual war against real friends; Philips and Desso create light transmissive carpet. Our mobile minute with Chuck Martin looks at the impact mobile and location will have on Black Friday; our app of the week is Spraffl from Scotland; our resource of the week shows that we are more apt to give up our location than our browsing history; our special guest is James Smith, Chief Revenue Office at Verve Mobile.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: The impact of mobile on Black Friday (11:00)
Top news of the week
1. Placecodes partners with Friendly’s Restaurants (18:35)
2. Macy’s deploys Shopkick‘s new ShopBeacon feature (22:25)
3. PlaceIQ announces PIQ Analytics and Previsit (28:25)
4. Pinterest adds Place Pins (40:55)
5. Bombsquare lets you battle your friends for your city (43:55)
6. Philips & Desso create light transmissive carpets (47:30)
Resource of the week: Mobile Users More Willing to Share Location Than Browsing History (53:25)