LBMA Podcast: Microsoft’s Nokia Buy, Gucci and Google Maps, and Moasis
Welcome to episode #146. On the show: Nymi uses your heartbeat as a password; OnOurRadar enables on-the-ground reporting in emerging economies; Toopher uses location as authentication; Microsoft acquires Nokia but not the juicy parts; Gucci partners with Google Maps for store walkaround in Milan; AirPatrol launches ZoneAware WiFi. Plus our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin on the emerging market for shopper segmentation based on device; ACE Hardware’s successful in-store basket conversion; and special guest Ryan Golden of Moasis.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Segmentation by device is coming (4:45)
Location fascination of the week: The history of 10,000,000 buildings in the Netherlands as an interactive map (7:30)
Top news of the week
1. Nymi – turns heartbeat into password (10:41)
2. OnOurRadar.org – training reporters in emerging economies. (19:20)
3. Toopher.com using location as 2-factor authentication (location-based mobile audience targeting) closes $2M (25:50)
4. Microsoft acquires Nokia – but the real story is what they DIDN’T get (36:45)
5. Gucci partners with Google Maps to map the inside of their Milan store (44:10)
6. AirPatrol launches ZoneAware WiFi (49:15)