LBMA Podcast: Millenial/JumpTap, Placed, and Siamese Systems
Welcome to episode #143. On the show: Google launches Carousel visual search; Renew London smart recycling bins are sniffing your MAC address; Millennial scoops up JumpTap; Tour Sicily with the San Pellegrino robot; Placed trying to morph into the ComScore of the real world; Riding the payment waves without batteries; special guest Alex Kottoor of Siamese Systems talks mobile CSI; Chuck Martin and our Mobile Minute on who is benefiting from the mobile retail war; Infosys data on what consumers will share to get a personalized deal from retailers; App pick of the week is MixBit.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Who is benefiting from the mobile retail war? (6:00)
Top news of the week
1. Google launches Carousel (15:08)
2. Renew London recycling bins grabbing MAC addresses create public privacy outcry (18:40)
3. Millennial buys JumpTap (24:40)
4. San Pellegrino providing tours of Sicily via robots (36:40)
5. Placed evolving to be ComScore for the real world (40:50)
6. Wireless communication without batteries (44:55)
Resource of the week: Infosys – 93% Of Consumers Would Share Personal Data In Exchange For Customized Offers (49:18)