Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association, with hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan. In this week’s episode, YFind is acquired by Ruckus Wireless; Weston Expressions launches Linkett to connect smartphones with dumb screens; Cineplex expands their out-of-home reach by acquiring EK3 Technologies; Timehop raises $3 million; Imersia brings Epic to life in New Zealand; Garmin brings HUD to the dashboard; AudioVox partners with AT&T for on-board auto diagnostics. Plus a Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin, our resource of the week on Showrooming and special guest Tyler Bell of Factual.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: The retail quest for the mobile cookie? (10:08)
Top news of the week
1. YFind acquired by Ruckus Wireless (12:40)
2. Weston Expressions launches Linkett (16:00)
3. Cineplex to acquire EK3 Technologies (21:25)
4. Timehop raises $3M (38:40)
5. Imersia + 20thCenturyFox + Westfield Malls (46:53)
6. Garmin’s take on the dashboard HUD (51:55)
7. AudioVox and AT&T automobile on-board diagnostics (57:08)