LBMA PODCAST: Visualizing Your Check-ins & Twist’s Edward Marks
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan talk about how some companies are tracking school buses and the children on them in the UAE and United States; Swipp brings sentiment to everything; Punch.in remakes the punch clock for the mobile era; Visa works with Fandango for location-based offers; Fiz brings location and leisure together to help discover things to do; and independent fuel retailers band together to create their own payment and loyalty initiative. Our app selection of the week is Foursquare’s visualization of your check-ins for the last year, plus the resource of the week is the history of location-based games in one infographic and special guest Edward Marks of Twist.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
App Fascination of the week: Visualize your Foursquare checkins for the last year (8:30)
Top news of the week
1. Fiz closes $350K for social discovery in the UK (12:33)
2. UAE (and Atlanta) to track school buses and students (17:50)
3. Swipp app raises $2M and adds new opinion graph for business(23:45)
4. Punch.in launches checkins for the workplace (37:25)
5. Visa + Fandango for location-based offers (43:22)
6. Fuel Retailers create their own MCX with Sionic Mobile + ImpactOrg (48:22)