PODCAST: This Week in Location-Based Marketing — Ping Mobile
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan discuss LinkedIn’s rumored acquisition of the Pulse News Reader for $50-100 million; Posse saddles up and moves to the United States; the earth’s magnetic field may hold the key to indoor location; and Quri gives brands a little leverage. Plus our resource of the week and special guest Shuli Lowy from Ping Mobile on SMS marketing.
A few announcements
– Come see us live in San Francisco! More details can be found here.
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for pre-order
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Launch of new service from Quri (5:52)
2. Leave your friends a drink through Beergr.am at SXSW (11:55)
3. Australia’s Posse raises $500k and comes to the U.S. (18:22)
4. Taco Bell goes mobile for Doritos Cool Ranch Tacos (35:48)
5. LinkedIn to acquire Pulse for between $50-$100M (41:08)
6. Using the earth’s magnetic field for indoor positioning with IndoorAtlas (47:34)