PODCAST: This Week in Location-Based Marketing — Choco-locate
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan look at what an airport’s location tech might have to do with James Joyce. Australia shows us how to do disaster notifications with LBS. STMicroelectronics kills us with air pressure — in a good way. All this plus a few deals, an acquisition, Tasti D-lite’s new book and special guest Lalita Krishna of Choco-locate.
1. The strange marriage between James Joyce, Pinterest, Soundcloud, Twitter and the Dublin Airport (4:30)
2. Chiquita, the banana company, gets into mobile with FunMobility (10:30)
3. Vodafone and Telstra launch a location-based disaster alert system through SMS in Australia (13:57)
4. STMicroelectronics announce a 3D location sensing chip that detects atmospheric pressure to help gauge elevation (20:00)
5. Neiman Marcus partners with VISA for location-based deal alerts – using VISA’s SMS gateway (25:35)