Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. Top stories of the week include OfficeDepot, Revealr, Lechal, Six to Start, Thirdshelf, ShipEarly, Apple’s CarPlay, PizzaHut and Chaotic Moon, and Volvo’s delivery system. Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin examines the in-store difference between the mobile web and mobile apps. Our resource of the week is a new book by Peggy Anne Salz and InMobi called Apponomics.
Support our show with Patreon!
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: The difference between how we use the mobile web vs mobile apps in-store (3:50)
Top stories of the week (starts at 6:10)
1. OfficeDepot shows wearables being used in-store at eTail conference
2. Revealr App uses voice matching to find the right date for you
3. Lechal‘s vibrating haptic shoes bring directions to the blind
4. The Walk – fitness gaming app funding by British National Health Service
5. Thirdshelf builds the store of the future at DX3 with LXR
6 ShipEarly launches at DX3 Canada
7. Apple launches CarPlay
8. Pizza Hut’s touchscreen table concept developed by Chaotic Moon
9. Volvo testing Roam Delivery in Sweden
1. Lechal’s use of haptics to help people with disabilities and the potential for commercial use (21:50)
2. The impact of Apple’s new CarPlay (26:25)
3. Volvo’s Roam Delivery service in Sweden – could it make delivery addresses irrelevant? (30:05)