Welcome to episode #150. Rogers has a busy week launching alerts and partnering with Sprint on the connected car; Citi Field tests Apple’s iBeacon; Placeable helps you “Plot” your data; Metaio gives us car manuals in Google Glass; Footlocker gives you 46 quadrillion shoe choices; EyeQuant raises money to take eye tracking into the real world. Our mobile minute with Chuck Martin focuses on how mobile payments will be a more natural part of our day; Our resource of the week is an infographic entitled Mobile Commerce is Growing; Our special guest is Jonathan Treiber, CEO of RevTrax.
Recorded: October 4, 2013
A few announcements
- Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Mobile Payments Throughout the Course of a Day (6:50)
Top news of the week
1. Roger’s launches shop Alerts and partners with Sprint for the connected car (15:30)
2. Citi field tests Apple’s iBeacon (22:15)
3. Placeable launches “Plot” data visualization tool (27:23)
4. Metaio launches Google Glass based car manual (36:15)
5. Footlocker uses kiosk to let consumer design their own New Balance shoes (42:24)
6. EyeQuant raises capital to take online eye tracking into the real world (45:40)