Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan discuss: Banjo’s one million users, Mastercard‘s daily deals service, Ditto acquired by Groupon, and Square’s insane valuation. Plus a special appearance by Jyri Engestrom of Ditto.
Recorded: April 22, 2012
1. AT&T partners with Digby for Maurices.com (3:48)
2. MojoStreet enhances India’s Cricket team the Deccan Chargers (6:58)
3. Banjo crosses over 1M users (10:15)
4. Mastercard is set to launch their own daily deals with Local Offer Network (17:58)
5. PizzaHut & Boston Market partner with FrontFlip (23:28)
Ditto: With Jyri Engestrom, Founder (30:00)
Funding / M&A News
1. Groupon acquires Ditto (38:20)
2. Path raises $30M (42:00)
3. Square seeking $250M at $4B valuation (45:40)
Resource of the Week
Mapping Foursquare Data (50:25)
Now is the time to reserve your tickets for Street Fight Summit West. Join the top minds in hyperlocal in San Francisco on June 5th.