LBMA Podcast: The Mobile Payment Journey of the Future
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association, with hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan. In this week’s episode, Asif’s take on location based marketing in China; Twitter finally develops geo-targeted ads; Free parking with Summon Auntie in Singapore; Facebook helps get you (almost) free wifi; Molson brings back “I Am Canadian”; Google plans to launch thing-sharing service Mine and Pandora quadruples its audience. Plus our resource of the week: The mobile payment journey of the future. And special guest Keller Rinaudo, co-founder of Romotive.
A few announcements
– Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
Top news of the week
1. Asif’s perspective on his trip to China (2:00)
2. Twitter to develop geo-targeted ads (11:55)
3. Singapore’s Summon Auntie (19:00)
4. Somebody like me on Facebook (for free WiFi) (22:30)
5. I Am Canadian (35:30)
6. Google to launch goods sharing service called “Mine” (38:37)
7. Government done right: Aids.gov/locator (44:30)
8. Pandora quadrupals in-car listeners (45:50)