Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan talk about how you can stay within walking distance of your meetings with Walkscore; Nike uses 3D holographs to sell shoes in Amsterdam; Paying by sound in Beijing; K-Mart uses checkins to promote the world’s largest bake sale; Asif’s retail RAMP summary; Accenture’s “Seamless Retail Study.” Plus Rob’s app fascination of the week is Tempo and special guest Raj Singh, founder of Tempo talks about the calendar as the operating system.
A few announcements
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. RAMP Summary (2:00)
2. Walkscore will help you find a hotel within walking distance of your meetings (10:00)
3. Nike deploys 3D holographic digital signage in Amsterdam (13:42)
4. MDialog turns video into location-based coupons (17:52)
5. Aisle411 teams up with RedLaser (36:00)
6. Beijing subway system using sound to make payments (39:52)
7. K-Mart pushes checkins to promote world’s largest bake sale (48:30)