PODCAST: This Week in Location-Based Marketing — Discover, LevelUp
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan discuss Twitter’s shut door on developers; everyone and their mother joins the In-Location Alliance; and Paypal jumps on the Discover bus. Plus the usual funding and M&A activity, our resource of the week and special guest Michael Hagan, COO LevelUp.
1. Twitter starts pulling back on access to the API – what does this mean for location marketing? (4:40) – the full interview with Bretton MacLean can be found here.
2. Nokia leads the charge (with 22 other companies) to form the In-Location Alliance for indoor mapping (11:00)
3. The Red Cross develops a coherent and tangible mobile and location with a great combination of apps and mobile web (16:16)
4. Tokyo Metro stations are now featured in Booyah’s My Town location-based mobile game (21:08)
5. PayPal makes its first move against the upstarts and partners with McDonalds and Discover – soon to be accepted in over 7,000,000 retail locations (24:33)