Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan have nine different stories, including their bewilderment at Waze; why they think 4sqTrigger is onto something; and UrbanAirship’s progress with Tello. Also Scott Lindenbaum of Spun talks about using a goat for location-based marketing. Seriously.
1. YFind and Sprooki partner for the launch of Mall Buddy (4:48)
2. Life360 adds a crime data layer + people geofencing without killing your battery (8:04)
3. Victoria’s Secret launches a mobile location campaign (11:20)
4. UrbanAirship launches their PassTools API (14:40)
5. 4sqTrigger launches out of the Foursquare Hackathon – and we love it (18:15)
6. ConnecTV syncs the second screen (22:22)
Our public service announcement about the Waze/Apple acquisition talks (44:00)