Street Fight’s charter is to bring you news and insights on local media, marketing and commerce. A key corollary to that mission is to recognize and award the innovators driving these sectors. So we’re bringing back the Street Fight Innovator Awards for an encore performance in its second year (following several years of the legacy Local Visionary Awards program).
The awards will include several categories of local media, marketing and commerce (TBA), and allow you the opportunity to apply for consideration. Enrollment will start soon using an application form that we’ll add to this page. We’ll make this announcement through all Street Fight editorial and social channels to give you ample notification.
We’re excited to kick off the process and acknowledge champions and innovators driving success in local media, marketing, and commerce. Contact us with questions and stay tuned for more information. Meanwhile, you can get more context from last year’s results and details here.
Street Fight Innovator Awards
TBA: Applications opens
TBA: Application period’s deadline for submissions
TBA: Awards granted
Questions asked on the awards application…
— Identifying information (name, title, email)
— About the company or product applying (250 words)
— Why do you believe the applicant deserves this award (250 words)
— Please provide quantifiable metrics to support the previous question (250 words)
— Additional links or file uploads to support or validate the above (optional)
The following criteria are what the Judges will use to evaluate each award candidates
- Ease of use, as evidenced by product UI/UX design and detailed by client testimonials
- Efficacy in addressing known industry challenge
- Cost-efficiency: Does the solution deliver sufficient return on investment (ROI) or replace a more costly solution for the user?
- Long-term potential: does it integrate with other solutions or show potential to grow its product suite; and is there a long-term need in the marketplace for this specific solution?
- Innovation: For the “most innovative” categories, we’ll be looking for fresh thinking, risk-taking, and creative application of the latest technologies.
- Performance against articulated campaign goals
- ROI for client
- Execution of campaign creative
By entering the contest through a submission on the Evalato platform (embedded forms throughout this page), you agree to these Official Rules as stated below (the “Rules”). You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Street Fight with respect to the Street Fight Awards (“Contest”).
No purchase, payment or donation beyond the entry fee is necessary to enter or win; an additional purchase, payment, or donation will not increase the chance of winning. By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final. The Contest starts at 8:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, June 10, 2019, and ends at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, July 12, 2019 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by that time
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be age 18 or older. If the Contest winner is under age 21, contest prize may be awarded to the custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s) pursuant to applicable law.
2. Employees of Street Fight, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members are ineligible. Independent contractors of Street Fight and their immediate family members are also ineligible. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. The Contest’s judges and their affiliated companies are ineligible.
How to Enter
1. Qualified entrants will submit an entry form using the embedded forms on this page (the “Entry Portal”) that indicates acceptance of these rules as well as all items required for submission. In addition to submitting all required materials, an entry fee (“Entry Fee”) is required to be paid in full. No submission will be considered that is not paid for nor successfully completed. Responsibility for a completed submission lies with the entrant; no refunds will be issued under any circumstance.
2. Submission will be accepted in the above categories (“Categories”):
3. The person uploading or submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one person who owns the email address associated with the Submission. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one person as the Entrant who will be the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to the rules, and accept the prize(s). Street Fight, its affiliates, sponsors, its program partners, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest are not responsible for any disputes among collaborators related to the Contest.
4. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes upon any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law. Entries violating this section of the rules may be disqualified.
5. Each Entry may not be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory or inappropriate as determined by Street Fight in Street Fight’s sole discretion. Street Fight reserves the right to disqualify any Submission it deems to be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory, and/or inappropriate in Street Fight’s sole discretion. Refunds will not be issued under any circumstance.
6. By entering, each Entrant hereby releases and holds harmless Street Fight, sponsors, its program partners, and each of their subsidiaries and affiliates, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the same from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of this Contest including travel.
7. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content in Street Fight’s sole discretion will be disqualified, not published, and/or not considered for prizes, nor will refunds be issued.
8. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees Street Fight shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Entry submitted including all rights embodied therein in winning entries and that Street Fight and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Entry or Submission or elements thereof any Entry or Submission online, in print, film, television, or any other media now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law.
1. Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate disqualification of the participant from the Contest.
2. Any attempt to contact judges to provide additional information or request informational briefings to influence their decisions during the contest period is subject to elimination. Any attempt to bribe or offer goods or services of monetary value to judges or Street Fight personnel during the contest period will result in immediate disqualification.
3. The Contest Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
1. Up to three (3) Entrants per Product and Campaign categories shall be selected as Finalists (“Finalists”) by a panel of judges (“Judges”) appointed by Street Fight. The Judges will select one (1) Winner per category (“Winners”) from the pool of Finalists based on the criteria listed above. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
2. The Finalists in each category will be notified during a period of weeks after the submission period ends and Winners will be announced at a date to be determined. Each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules, and the decisions of the Judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
1. One (1) Entrant Winner will be chosen for each Category. The Winner in each Category will receive a physical trophy. There is no monetary prize value associated with the Contest trophies.
2. All Finalists will be given an Innovator Awards badge icon that they will be authorized to display across their digital properties at their own discretion.
3. No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Void where restricted or prohibited.
4. All Finalists will be listed on the Street Fight website www.streetfightmag.com and included in a press release after the awards have been announced.
5. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
6. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred.