The State of Hyperlocal
Price: $0.00Add to cart
This report offers a quick snapshot of what’s on the minds of companies selling technology and services into the hyperlocal media and commerce marketplace. For input into our analysis, Street Fight posted a short executive survey during September and October of 2015. We promoted the survey through blog posts on the Street Fight website, through social media, and in the Street Fight newsletter, and offered as an incentive a discount on tickets to our New York conference held in October 2015. Thirty-five executives, almost all of whom said they were VP or C-level, from a fairly even mix of ad tech, data analytics and services, and commerce technology providers – along with a few publishers and agencies – completed the survey.
Readers can use this analysis to get a directional view of the technologies those kinds of companies are prioritizing, and what they think are near-term challenges and opportunities in the market.
- Yes, mobile is hot, but it’s early for small local merchants.
- Social media marketing still represents the new technology for them, and it’s also a short cut to reaching mobile customers.
- There’s a need for marketing and commerce tech portals or hubs, and since supplier brand awareness and consideration – core advertising and content marketing opportunities – are pieces of the puzzle, that hub could be a role for local publishers.
Schedule time with David Card to discuss how strategies from Street Fight Insights research can optimize your business.
In 30-minute sessions, discuss:
- Relevant findings from the report
- Additional cross-tab data
- Your burning questions related to the report