PODCAST: This Week in Location-Based Marketing — ScreenScape Networks
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan look at new Wifi-blocking wallpaper, Verizon’s $612M bet on Hughes Telematics. Groupon gets into the food ordering business and we love our Guiness – even more with QR codes. Plus, our special guest Mark Hemphill of ScreenScape Networks and our resource of the week from the FCC.
1. Guinness QR Code Glass
2. T-Mobile partners with Abaqus & 1Shop
3. TelMap launches new APIs
4. Yellow Pages Group (YPG) releases the French version of their ShopWise app
5. Wallpaper that blocks WiFi – toy or science project?
Mark Hemphill, co-founder ScreenScape Networks (27:55)
Funding / M&A News
1. Shutterfly finishes their acquisition of Kodak Gallery customers
2. Verizon acquires Hughes Telematics for $612M
3. Groupon acquires Breadcrumb POS
Resource of the Week
The FCC Location Based Services Report (45:15)