Position: Sales Executive
Reports to: Laura Rich, CEO & Co-Founder
The Scoop: Street Fight is looking for a motivated sales superstar eager to help power a growing, profitable business with big deals and strong commissions.
What is Street Fight?
Since its launch in April 2011, Street Fight has quickly become the leading voice on the dynamic industry of local digital tech and media companies and individuals who are driving the expansion and success of cutting-edge strategies. Our website and popular must-read daily newsletter showcase ideas and leaders; our events bring the industry together for productive networking and the chance to hear from high-profile figures from the stage. And our white papers and webinars provide the insights the industry desires to build strategies for success.
Sponsors of all sizes are drawn to these popular products and the coveted demographics they capture.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate will bring knowledge and contacts from the tech, financial and media industries, with an emphasis on firms that target SMB audiences and decision-making big-budget executives.
The candidate seeking this leadership opportunity should be highly motivated and have a history of outstanding professional performance. The position requires someone who is analytical, self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with the ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Street Fight has offices in New York, Providence, Rhode Island and Boulder, Colorado, but candidate may work from any location.
Key responsibilities include:
• Meet and exceed sales goals
• Market and sell advertising and sponsorships to startups, agencies and major marketers
• Strategically approach prospects and determine needs, marketing initiatives/objectives, business model, budget cycle and key decision-makers
• Managing clients from contract stage through execution and beyond
• Take the initiative to create integrated sales packages, upsell existing and new accounts, and ideate on breaking new business
Ideal candidates will bring the following experience and qualities:
• 5+ years of direct work experience in digital media
• Bachelors degree minimum
• Ability to work in a virtual environment
• Deep understanding of the digital marketing space
• A track record of closing sales and meeting goals
• Experience selling CPM-based advertising as well as event sponsorships and media products such as white papers and webinars
• Strong client management skills
• Relationships with key accounts in tech, finance and media
• Excellent project management and multitasking skills
• Working knowledge of Salesforce program
Applicants will be expected to describe 2-3 successful deals that met objectives; name a few accounts representing strong relationships; and provide outstanding references.
Modest base + healthy commissions. Candidates should send CV and cover letter to Laura Rich.
We look forward to finding the ideal candidate to join our team!