Position: Marketing Intern
Reports to: Laura Rich, CEO & Co-Founder
Street Fight, the leading source of information and community for the hyperlocal tech and marketing industry, seeks a marketing intern to assist with marketing, social media and promotional support for this rapidly expanding startup.
Tasks involve supporting new product launches with marketing campaigns that include customer outreach, website and newsletter promotion as well as social media and PR efforts. Intern will have the opportunity to participate in strategy plans behind these product launches, and will be expected to contribute copy and outreach/social media efforts. Some design may be involved depending upon skills and interest.
This internship offers a hands-on role with strong mentors to get an inside view on the growth of a startup, and a first-row view into the dynamic hyperlocal sector, which includes hot tech startups such as Foursquare, Yelp, Groupon and others.
Candidates should have some previous marketing or communications experience, with preference given to those who have experience in Internet businesses or media.
This is a virtual internship. Candidates must have the ability and drive to be an active part of the team while working remotely.
The internship offers college credit and a depth and breadth of experience that will make the intern well-positioned for a full-time job after the internship
Responsibilities may include, depending on experience and interest:
- Building and executing marketing programs behind key products such as newsletters; white paper reports and conferences. Tasks may include compiling lists of potential target customers; identifying relevant Twitter feeds; and participating in the creation of messaging and marketing materials, working closely with the CEO.
- Marketing Street Fight content through Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube and other relevant social media channels and strategies, working closely with the Editorial Director.
- Analyzing reader and subscriber data to better understand the demographics of our customer base, and working with the CEO to develop marketing campaigns that deepen their involvement with the brand, and extend the brand’s reach further into these communities.
- Tracking social media metrics, ad campaigns and creating reports.
- Researching and writing original content for blog and social media posts.
- Conducting market research for various projects and initiatives.
- Supporting the production and design of promotional materials and sales tools.
How to apply:
Please send CV and cover letter to CEO Laura Rich.