This agreement sets forth our mutual understandings as to the terms of your content submission to Where 2 Get It, Inc. d/b/a “Street Fight” (“Street Fight”).
In writing for Street Fight, you assign copyright of your work for streetfightmag.com to Street Fight, and as such, Street Fight (i) is the sole and exclusive owner over all of your contributions to streetfightmag.com, and (ii) is entitled to modify, re-format and/or sublicense access to any such work or contributions. The intellectual property of this work includes (but is not limited to): the content, the format, the branding and column name, and the images (if they are supplied by the writer). Unless otherwise agreed between the parties in writing, neither you nor Street Fight is entitled to any fees or remuneration from the other party in connection with any of your contributions published or posted by Street Fight.
You are welcome to publish your contributions on your own personal blog after a period of seven days, but you may not publish them anywhere else. However, Street Fight may agree to license the content back to you for use on other sites or in other media, any such agreement to be set forth in writing.
You represent and warrant that:
1. The writing and contributions you submit to Street Fight were originally created by you.
2. No other person, corporation or entity has any rights or interest to the writing or contributions, or is entitled to any fees or remuneration in connection with any such contributions.
3. The writing and contributions you submit do not violate any copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right of any third party.
4. All factual statements in the writing and contributions are true, and none of the contributions contain any defamatory or unlawful statements.
5. You are free to enter into this agreement without violating any other agreement to which you are a party. You will defend and indemnify Street Fight from and against any claims, damage, liabilities or expenses arising out of a breach of your representations or warranties.
You are an independent contractor and not an agent or employee of Street Fight. You are responsible for your own expenses and for anyone you might employ, and you are not eligible for unemployment or other employment benefits from Street Fight. You do not have the right to contract with any person or entity on behalf of Street Fight, or to use the names or trademarks of Street Fight or any affiliate without the prior written consent of Street Fight.
Entire Agreement; Amendment.
This agreement represents the entire agreement and understanding between us and may only be amended by a writing signed by both of us.
Governing Law; Arbitration.
This agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of California. In the event that we have a dispute, we shall have it adjudicated solely in the courts located in Orange County, California.