Every two weeks, Search Influence’s Kelly Benish — who knows practically everyone in hyperlocal — covers some of the latest job changes taking place in this dynamic industry. (Plus, scroll down for jobs on offer now.)
Eric Owen- Mono Solutions
Building on a strong market leadership position in Europe and South East Asia, mono solutions has made the decision to enter the US market. Leading the effort will be Eric Owen, a well-known industry contributor and most recently the VP of Digital Strategy and Business Development at The Berry Company. Mono’s CEO Louise Lachmann says that she is thrilled to have Eric aboard, she is also one of my favorite ladies in online marketing and I think Eric is fortunate to be working with such a great group of folks. cc: Rasmus
Kesh Patel – Google
Google recently shifted around their partnership team making Kesh Patel the head of Android partnerships in the Americas, where he used to be be their head of partnerships. Taking his place with the same title is Adam Jones who is an avid golfer and father to three children. Adam is acclimating nicely in his role and I’ve had the pleasure of working with him on a couple of partnership projects. Kesh is out of the local space but will never be forgotten. Go Kesh Daddy & Adam!
Dennis Mulcahy – Cxense
One of my good friends Dennis Mulcahy just left SpinGo as their VP of business development to become Cxense‘s VP of sales. After leaving SpinGo, Dennis decided to make a strategic move to Cxense to sell their targeted advertising platform. Dennis could sell anything to anyone, he is the consummate relationship builder. Go Dennie!
Chris Crawfurd – Connectivity
I was fortunate enough to meet Chris this week after he was brought on to handle all of Connectivity‘s partnerships. He comes to connectivity from Trada where he was charged with leading their business development efforts before they were acquired. He joins the one and only Matt Booth at Connectivity as their director of sales. Get it!
Chris Cunningham – Haystak Digital
Chris Cunningham joined Kenshoo late last year as their director of strategic partnerships and was recently promoted to director of national and major accounts for Haystak Digital Marketing which is a Kenshoo property. I’ve followed his career over the years through his roles at Yahoo! and even ExxonMobil. One thing is for sure, Chris is shaking up local search!
Plus where to look for jobs now….
Stealth startup on the west coast seeks a CTO with experience in coding, POS and IT; for more info e-mail me directly.
My friend Jon Sofield is looking for a business development person for SMB channel sales at Google. The Job is based in NYC, and this role is tasked in helping to build out their partner network. This is a senior level & individual contributor, someone with great experience with Channels, Local, SMB’s, SEM, Industry knowledge in Fin-Serv, Franchise, Marketing Automation, Agency, Display Ad’s and Video Ad’s. Apply here
Plus new talent looking now….
– The former Head of digital SME advertising products for a major EU telco is exploring opportunities for his next venture.
– Seasoned talent in broadcasting, over 15 years of experience interested in growing a video ad platform play.
– One awesome guy in Salt Lake City Utah; one has more than 20 years experience in business development, sales and building connections.
– Advertising and sales exec in Charlotte, NC – this guy is ready to make moves like Jagger.
– Global head of digital product for a major telco in the UK seeks a new role. Over 15 years of experience.
– President of online consulting firm, works with IYP’s & newspapers and eventually moving over to loyalty-based and digital solutions. Willing to relocate from New England.
– Senior classifieds sales director in Boston, ready to throw in the towel and try something new.
– Hyperlocal community editor, publisher, marketer is a strategic problem solver. Over 25 years dailies, weeklies, start-ups, magazines, digital, websites, editing and writing books. New Orleans/Baton Rouge area.
– The perfect digital sales manager in Reno Nevada, history in the newspaper publishing arena. Ready to roll over to a new opportunity.
– A digital veteran with 20 years of management level sales and marketing experience in digital media, mobile media and consumer technology sectors. She has a strong track record of accomplishment in successfully growing start up and young firms. She’s also been responsible for driving significant revenue growth in divisions of larger, publicly traded companies. Located in the San Francisco Bay area.
– Long-time media industry adopter and digitally-savvy mobile marketer and entrepreneur interested in a new opportunity. Chicago based.
If you are interested in any of these candidates or you would like to be featured as such, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Kelly Benish is VP of sales and marketing at Search Influence, a national online marketing firm focused on SMBs and white label online marketing for publishers and media partners who serve them. You can follow her on Twitter @Lokellsearch.