Every two weeks, Search Influence’s Kelly Benish — who knows practically everyone in hyperlocal — covers some of the latest job changes taking place in this dynamic industry. (Plus, scroll down for jobs on offer now.)
Andy Ellwood – BOND
I imagined that this former VP at Gowalla and SVP of business development at Waze would have an interesting next act up his sleeve. And lo and behold, I received a totally non-personalized mass email (I kid, I kid) this week which caught me up and I must admit it sounds pretty cool! Andy is now co-founder of BOND, an app that lets you buy a gift for that last minute obligation and send it along with it a handwritten note. You can download it in your app store today. (This is great, maybe Andy can send us all handwritten notes next time to tell us about his new startup!)
Barbara Rowell – Rocket Fuel
A few weeks ago Rocket Fuel completed their IPO, and have since seen its share price almost double. As part of their growth in Canada, the company just hired Barbara Rowell as its latest senior account executive. Previously, Barbara was with Olive Media as strategic account executive – Performance/ Audience Targeting / Private Exchanges and prior to the promotion strategic account manager. Before Olive, Barbara held the following roles, SAM at Torstar Digital, national AM at Elm Street Magazine and national AM at Canadian Living.
Brian Barnum – Demandbase
Demandbase, the targeting and personalization platform for B2B, announced that longtime digital marketing brain Brian Barnum has joined its executive team as CFO. Barnum brings with him more than 15 years of financial, marketing and operations management experience including CFO positions with high-growth, venture capital-backed technology companies and more than $1.2 billion to date in IPO and M&A exits. Demandbase has made significant investments in its platform for advertising and website optimization leveraging patented technologies, and Barnum will help drive the company’s focus on domestic as well as global enterprise adoption, and accelerate overall growth.
“Bringing it On!” – ShopKeep
ShopKeep POS, the cloud-based point of sale system designed by a retailer for retailers, let the world know that it has expanded its executive team with two new hires. Drew Schwartz joins ShopKeep VP of product management, focused on accelerating the company’s ability to bring new products to market. With more than 18 years industry experience, Schwartz brings a deep understanding of customer research to create compelling product offerings. David Herzog joins ShopKeep as director of business development, focused on working with payment processors, value-added resellers, financial institutions and technology innovators to extend the reach of ShopKeep POS. Herzog brings 11 years of payments industry experience, working in the areas of merchant services, credit cards and retail banking, with a specific focus on strategic partnerships.
Manish Goel – Guavus
Guavus, a San Mateo, Calif.-based startup that specializes in analyzing the data coming off carrier networks (telcos), has hired former NetApp EVP Manish Goel as CEO. Goel replaces Anukool Lakhina, who founded the company and will stay on board to help drive its technology strategy, among other things. Guavus has raised $87 million in capital and claims some major wireless carriers as customers of its software that helps tie customer data to network activity.
Manu Thapar – Angie’s List
Angie’s List‘s CTO since 2011, Manu Thapar is no longer working for the company. AL insiders also disclosed that his “responsibilities have been assumed by other members of the company’s senior engineering team.” ::Youch:: Last month, Angie’s List hired Nokia exec Thomas Fox to be its CFO, ending a 5-month search.
Hiring Frenzy – Groupon
Groupon announced the appointment of four new executives: Robbie Schwietzer to SVP of operations, Lisa Kennedy to VP-GM of Groupon reserve, David Kerr promoted to VP-GM of home services, and Hoke Horne, VP of global commercial finance. Schwietzer will be involved in implementing, overseeing and growing Groupon’s various enterprise operations. Previously, he spent 10 years at Amazon and most recently held the position of VP of Amazon Prime. Kennedy will head the Groupon Reserve team, a high-end channel for premium deals and experiences, and lead Groupon’s merchandising efforts. She is the founder of Hopscotch, a children’s daily deal site in India. Kerr will drive outreach to home and auto-related merchants and create a marketplace experience for Groupon customers. Horne will lead Groupon’s Global Commercial Finance team and help steer finance operations for Groupon’s global businesses.
Jessica Antigua – Spafax Networks
Content provider Spafax Networks, announced that Jessica Antigua has been promoted to director, audience strategy from her previous post as manager, audience strategy. She is based in New York and reports to Joe Esposito, VP of product development & operations.
Where to look for jobs now….
– Street Fight is looking for a sales director & a marketing manager. Apply here
– MOGL is hiring for all areas with many roles available in sales. Apply here.
– Localvox is on high alert for an e-mail marketing manager. Apply here.
– Can you do product development work? Contact Oracle about their senior QA analyst role. Apply here
– WorldNow is hiring a front end developer. Apply here
– Yelp is looking for a business development manager. Apply here
– AOL is looking for a product manager. Apply here
– Yahoo! is looking for a senior business development manager.. Apply here
– Linkedin is looking to hire an international business operations manager. Apply here
– Google seeks a channel partner manager – media partnerships. Apply here
– Apple wants to find an operations manager (in Shanghai). Apply here
– Twitter is on the prowl for a marketing operations manager. Apply here.
Plus new talent in the market…
– Current VP with 29 years experience in sales management, corporate actions, HR and business development. Located in the Charlotte metro area & ready to move now.
– Current president of online consulting firm, he’s been online since 1999 working with IYP’s & newspapers and eventually moving over to loyalty-based and digital solutions. Willing to relocate from New England.
– Current director of development in the Boston metro area, with 6 years of business development, customer acquisition, partnership building & product development. Available now.
If you are interested in any of these candidates or you would like to be featured as such, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Kelly Benish is VP of sales and marketing at Search Influence, a national online marketing firm focused on SMBs and white label online marketing for publishers and media partners who serve them. You can follow her on Twitter @Lokellsearch.