Welcome to episode #149. On the show: DoubleDutch closes $10M and regroups; Dying for a Stella? There’s a (new) app for that; WordLogic Reach launches; Millennial Media partners with Placed and Neustar and, boom, value is created; Joingo Places launches (and we wish it would stay just above the stratosphere); Gap lays out their “three screen” strategy and come SO close. Our Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin focuses on the future of retail search. Our special guest is Cree Lawson, founder and CEO of Arrivalist. The resource of the week takes a look at public safety as the killer app for location based services.
A few announcements
- Do you have a location based marketing question? Ask us here and we’ll answer it on an upcoming show.
A Mobile Minute with Chuck Martin: Photo search replacing text search? (8:15)
Top news of the week
1. DoubleDutch closes $10M and focuses on the core (10:23)
2. Stella Artois’s – Le Bar Guide (13:52)
3. Launch of WordLogic Reach (20:40)
4. Millennial Media partners with Placed & Neustar (30:30)
5. Launch of Joingo Places (34:45)
6. Gap targets all “three screens” (40:26)
Resource of the week: Public Safety is the ‘Killer App’ for location based services (47:25)