PODCAST: This Week in Location-Based Marketing — PubNub
Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan discuss whether Foursquare can make the switch from check-ins to discovery; Apple is awarded a patent for augmented reality on top of live video; Volkswagon makes driving more social; and Microsoft is testing yet another option for mobile payments. Plus the most important mobile payments infographic ever, Rob’s location app fascination of the week (TWIST) and our special guest, Todd Greene, co-founder and CEO of PubNub on the emergence of real-time apps.
A few announcements
– Come see us live in San Francisco! More details can be found here.
– We wrote (part of) a book! The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps and it is available for order now!
– If you’d like to leave a message for us to play on the show, leave it here
Top news of the week
1. Foursquare tries to make the switch from checkins to discovery (12:00)
2. Apple is awarded a patent for Augmented Reality on top of live video (17:05)
3. Life360 to add their family apps to vehicles with investment from BMW + Volkswagon launches Smileage (18:22)
4. NYC subway to install touch screen map kiosks (40:45)
5. Goldrun launches Snaps App – or is it a new direction (46:00)
6. Microsoft testing new Bluetooth Low Energy payments system and Kinect (52:30)