Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan bring you stories about new photo polling app Voto; 42Floors, the AirBnB for office rentals; LivingSocial’s painful year; Pepsi’s next generation vending machine and the mobile food market starts to sizzle (sorry!); plus, Scott Kveton, CEO of Urban Airship.
Top news of the week
1. 42floors closes $12.3M for office space rental marketplace (17:42)
2. Taiwanese carriers launch mobile payments joint venture (21:55)
3. LivingSocial reports $650M net loss (28:10)
4. Intel and Pepsi partner to gamify vending machines (34:20)
5. Focus on food: OLO raises $5M and Opentable acquires FoodSpo