Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan look at the state of telematics, “Parking Douche,” and a great campaign from Meat Pack in Guatemala. Plus: M&A and funding activity, the resource of the week and special guest Greg McCalister, co-founder and CEO of PushPoint Mobile.
1. Patch and Starbucks help avert the fiscal cliff (7:06)
2. Roamz launches “A Street View For Social” (10:35)
3. Parking Douche makes you think carefully about where you park…in Russia (16:12)
4. Google partnering with Kia sparks a telematics update with Apple, Nokia, Microsoft and RIM (20:40)
5. Meat Pack, a Guatemalan shoe company, kills it with their Hijack campaign (29:25)