Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan discuss news from Placecast, Facebook, Foursquare, Grokr, Sensewhere, Shopular, Chase Bank, UrbanCompass and Tapit Media. Plus “Mommy Googles Santa Claus” and special guest Patrick Reynolds of Triton Digital.
1. Placecast begins work with SocialVibe (4:40)
2. Facebook launches Nearby + impact on Foursquare + Apple and Foursquare partnering on Apple Maps for iOS (7:49)
3. Grokr launches as the “Google Now” for iOS (20:13)
4. Sensewhere launches Adwhere (25:00)
5. Shopular hits the street with insane pedigree but little innovation (29:13)