Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this week’s episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan discuss whether consumers will buy toothpaste from a mobile ad; JCPenney’s bold cash register bet; Razorfish apps; and is Square worth 3.5B? Plus a look at funding and M&A activity, the resource of the week, and special guests Dave Fleet of Edelman and John McCauley from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.
1. Proctor & Gamble tries to sell toothpaste and drive trafic to WalMart via mobile ad (6:30)
2. Coupons.com launches Brandcaster Retail (10:30)
3. Moasis launches GeoGrid – the “World spanning geocentral grid” (13:20)
4. JCPenney CEO Ron Johnson says they will be 100% mobile checkout by 2013 (19:18)
5. Agency Razorfish demonstrates NFC enabled vending machine for mobile digital goods (24:05)
UNTETHER.talks panel clip: Is location based marketing about customer acquisition or enhancing the customer relationship?
With Asif Khan, Dave Fleet (Edelman), John McCauley (Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment). Moderated by Rob Woodbridge (30:00)