Welcome to This Week in Location Based Marketing, a weekly video podcast from the Location Based Marketing Association. In this episode, hosts Rob Woodbridge and Asif Khan discuss the long death of Gowalla, indoor mapping plans from Google and Nokia, plus a little Foursquare, HelloWallet, Calvin Klein + Shazam, McDonalds + LivingSocial, and special guest Dan Gilmartin, VP of marketing at WHERE.com.
Recorded: December 4, 2011
1. Gowalla to be acquired by Facebook
2. Nokia & Google get into indoor mapping and location
3. Foursquare lets readers tag locations for future reference
4. HelloWallet becomes your fiscal conscience on a mobile
5. Calvin Klein partners with Shazam to offer music-based location incentives
6. McDonald’s taps LivingSocial for Big Mac promotion
Product of the Week:
Marketing VP Dan Gilmartin talks about Ebay-owned WHERE.
1. Facebook talks IPO & buys Gowalla
2. EA acquires KlickNation
Resource of the Week:
Accessible location based services